Translate

Tuesday, 18 August 2026

Love having a physical Diary again

I have tried digital planners but I like to plan physically because for me it enters into my mind better and stores it and I think its a science. I would love to study the mind and find out if writing is better rather than digital? I wonder what results I'd find? 



It is good to get a pretty diary as for me it helps to use it. I no longer use Filofax and use a physical book type diary. I have a wall calendar and I have found it more functional for me and its seeing it in front of me making it easier to remember what is happening and its there in plain site. 

I have my sons terms dates near by so having it on a pinboard aswell as a diary more simple and a notebook and using paper. I recycle. I am still using Notion but have two lists and that's it and I get satisfaction ripping paper up. I use the Notebook APP but that is for any codes or things and brief notes and trying to use my phone less. 

In browsing on google I asked "Is writing things down better than typing them up all the time?"


The response was: Writing things down by hand is better for memory, learning, and conceptual understanding, but it is not necessarily better "all the time" depending on your goals. Neuroscience studies show that the physical act of handwriting activates broader, more synchronized electrical patterns (such as theta and alpha waves) across multiple regions of the brain—including motor, visual, and language circuits—which helps encode new information into long-term memory. Typing, by contrast, is faster and more efficient for capturing large volumes of text verbatim, but it engages fewer neural circuits and often leads to shallower, more passive cognitive processing.

I have used Google Calendar which I do need to alter and is good as its free and Notion is good but I find I am using it less and I like to use online tools for blogs and creating my books, but not all the time because too much screen isn't good. 

Yes google calendar I use but just reminders but I find it clogs up my email and with Notion it doesn't and it is free if you use it for personal use rather than business. 

So tell me do you prefer a physical diary still?

Please use the comments box below.

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X 

No comments:

Post a Comment