There has been time where I would be scared to say no I can't make and then not RSVP.
I remember before the internet and mobiles you'd just made the appointment and you went.
I do find that having a mobile, being able to do facetime can make you be lazy and scrolling, but then it helped during the pandemic, so having a mobile has its uses but it is good to properly socialise and I like that time, but if I don't feel like it or want to do something else then RSVP.
There will be times we can't make it to a get together with friends and times when you can, but I like to be reliable and to help build relationships reliability can help and it builds a trust and understanding.
Its a pain when people just don't turn up. I remember my wedding and I had people asking for a invite and then not turn up. I find it now learning by my own unreliability that it is disrespectful and even if it is a check up just let them know.
Even if you forgot an appointment contact them. Something I am still learning to do. I feel somewhat uncomfortable in writing this because I am guilty.
It is fear. I know I need to go to the dentist but it gives me goolies and once I've gone I have been fine but its the initial making the appointment and I should be used to it by now.
Arranging a kids birthday party is not a walk in the park. There will be that child who won't be happy with the food or I was the super shy kid and a fussy eater but if I couldn't make it my mum would let them know and just saves so much time.
I hate chasing people. If your late, let them know and setting up a WhatsApp group can be good idea, but it can be constant messages. In one respect it did help kept up with events and it just helps know numbers if you go to a sports club or booked a fitness class; It takes two seconds to say Sorry Can't make it and it shows you care.
There is Podcast that Fearne Cotton did about it and it struck a nerve because no one has turned up and not said anything.
So just make the effort to reply back. The worst thing is not showing up without a word, not even a text and yes you can't please all, but you can be respectful and I hate time wasting and I hate wasting other peoples time.
If you want to keep the bond with people let them know that you can't meet as planned and then they will then often be "Okay lets plan another time" and noone feels let down.
Many thanks for reading,
Carrie X

No comments:
Post a Comment