Translate

Tuesday, 1 September 2026

How to still get the most of your days with the days being shorter

Already the mornings are staying darker later and I am so happy about that. Sorry if you are not but I like it and I am already getting prepared. I still going to read in the mornings and evenings. Go on walks in the morning and have a coffee in a coffee shop some days and autumn is the time I change what I drink. I will be buying herbal teas and Earl Grey and a coffee from my Cafeteria and just enjoy the crispy mornings to get outdoors and workout indoors. 


The battle is my sons energy. He often gets unwell around the time the weather changes. He is prone to chest infections but he often doesn't want to wear a coat or jacket. He really has to be persuaded. 

His skin is better and the bed wetting appears to have stopped now, but he is just has so much adrenaline that he often still wants to play at 9pm so it is getting him to unwind. 

It is good to have things planned. My son sports clubs return so that will help along with school and still walking and exploring and off to see the England Ladies play. It is my birthday and my nieces and going to book swimming lessons for him and having time watching some good quality TV as not a lot to watch during the summer and I just love the cosiness and the layering. 

I have my buzz for cooking again and today made for the first time a bread and butter pudding for the first time and it was good and made a chicken roast dinner. I will be doing more and I have filmed a vlog and will be sharing. I love doing these vlogs and it is good for me and want to get back into making my own soups and curries and just enjoy the kitchen. 

It will be good to make homemade food and looking forward to the festive season, more than before. It is finally raining and I hope the ponds fill up as many have dried up due the heatwaves and the grass being dried out and help maintain lawns in gardens and parks. 

Just because of the darker days it doesn't mean that things have to be put on hold. My niece is having a birthday party and I am off to see Bon Jovi in concert and the Real Thing on my actual birthday so looking forward to those and be snuggled up and chill on the sofa with my son and watch a film, read more and have a hot chocolate which I have started to do in the evenings as I find this helps with sleep. 

So lets get planning and enjoy the new season ahead. 

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X 


No comments:

Post a Comment