As soon as resistance steps in I get up and do that task. Example watering my sons plant. However going out today I felt resistant in buying another notebook. This is where resistance can be a good thing. It depends on the outcome. I know if I water my son's plant will keep it alive and grow.
| One of the Places I like to walk in Epsomn |
Buying another notebook will cost money and when I have plenty already and not gathering dust and once these are used then buy another notebook. It is good to journal. I journal every day and filmed my two favourite things on my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMmlsGjUCFY
Resistant's is the mind saying "Be Careful" and can trigger anxiety and anxiousness. Thinking of the things I shouldn't do that I know will make me feel good, compared to what the consequences will be when I know I don't need another notebook and be tempted. I think of God testing Eve. Do I eat a poisoned apple or do something that won't lead to a good outcome. I write a lot but a blank piece of paper can still have the same benefits and yes I love a good pretty notebook but I have ones still unused and my one goal for me is to reduce waste and not keep adding more to landfill.
Also I have made my own and want to test these out and then sell my own.
Walking for example is free, wakes me up and helps me feel peace in my mind and so can do this everyday, whereby spending money all the time it can make me feel sick at times because I know I don't need to spend money to be happy. Journaling has really good benefits but if someone asks what you'd like for your birthday then ask for a new notepad or when your on holiday save to buy a journal whilst away as to me now it has to have meaning.
I find excuses as to why I need spend and then afterwards feel regret what I have purchased yet when I have cleaned the house and seen a result of a cleaner desk give me pride in having a shiny clean desk and cost me nothing. Cleaning products that actually clean is worth it, buying a cleaning device that was intended to clean sitting in the cupboard no purpose, when I have clothes and sponges do the same its just a fancy gadget that is a gimmick and not helped but add to more items I don't need.
I wonder if you identify? Please fill in the comments box below if you do. It costs you nothing in doing so just would like to read other peoples stories.
So manage your resistance as it can be a burden but it can also be useful in doing positive habits and stop negative habits.
Many thanks for reading,
Carrie X
No comments:
Post a Comment